- Barbie Ken Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
- Body Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Aveli Cellulite Treatment
- Arm Lift
- Neck Lift
- Contact Us
with DrBfixin in Long Island, NY
Undergoing the many changes of pregnancy and motherhood is a phenomenal and life-changing experience. While it comes with moments of elation, outer and inner beauty, and bringing a new life into the world, it can also lead to permanent changes in the body that can leave women feeling depressed or unhappy with themselves. Mothers do not deserve to suffer insecurity in their body during an otherwise joyous time. Mommy makeover surgery can help women repair and enhance concerns after pregnancy. Dr. Scott Blyer—also known as DrBFixin—performs the best mommy makeover Long Island and NYC.
What Is A Mommy Makeover?
Mommy makeover surgery is a combination of at least two separate cosmetic surgeries that address the breasts and abdomen. Though, it may also enhance other areas of the body such as the buttocks, arms, thighs, or labia. The breasts and abdomen undergo the most dramatic changes during and after pregnancy. Due to this, they often face more permanent changes that can make it nearly impossible to get back to a pre-pregnancy shape.
A mommy makeover procedure helps correct the damage pregnancy can leave behind on the body. Every single surgery is customized to fit the patient, their body, and their goals. It is likely for two mommy makeover patients to undergo a very different combination of surgeries.
What A Mommy Makeover Can Do
Mommy makeover surgery can address or correct many different concerns a woman may have after giving birth. Dr. B works closely with his patients to understand what their biggest concerns are and creates a plan to provide the best possible result. Circumstances a mommy makeover procedure might be able to address include:
- Sagging breasts
- Excess skin and fat on the abdomen
- Diastasis recti
- Weakened abdomen/pelvic muscles
- Deflated looking breasts
- Loss of breast volume
- Increase in breast size after nursing stops
- Stretch marks
- C-section scars
- Loose skin
- General dissatisfaction or depression with body shape or changes
Not every mommy makeover will address all of the above concerns. Dr. Blyer specifically designs each procedure for the individual. He specializes in mommy makeovers and other combination surgeries.
All surgeries come with benefits and risks that the surgeon and patient need to evaluate carefully. The benefits of mommy makeover surgery can include:
- Correcting unwanted body changes that occurred during or after pregnancy
- Strengthen the core abdominal muscles and make it easier to exercise
- May address certain medical side effects like stress urinary incontinence
- Combination surgery allows patients to enjoy their results sooner
- Fewer surgical sessions under general anesthesia
- Less risk because it removes the need for additional surgeries
- Recover from all of the performed procedures at once
- More youthful body contours
- Help patients regain confidence and satisfaction with their body
- Offer more clothing options and/or potentially get into pre-baby clothes
- Performed by one of New York’s top mommy makeover surgeons
Any surgery—no matter how major or minor—has inherent risks. Modern surgical techniques and technology keep surgical risks low and major complications from elective surgeries are rare. Still, it is important to fully understand a patient’s health and lifestyle because helps determine their candidacy.
The risks of mommy makeover surgery may include:
- Fluid collection
- Prolonged or severe side effects
- Skin necrosis
- Poor healing
In a healthy, viable candidate, major risks are exceptionally rare. If a complication occurs, it is generally mild, temporary, and treatable. Most patients do not experience complications.
Custom Made Mommy Makeover Surgery Long Island
As previously mentioned a mommy makeover is custom-tailored to fit the patient and their goals. Below is an extensive, but not exhaustive list of the procedures often part of the surgery.
As one of the primary areas treated during a mommy makeover, there are several possible breast surgeries Dr. B may recommend.
- Breast Augmentation: Using breast implants, breast augmentation creates fuller and shapelier breasts. It is the most common and popular breast enhancement surgery. It can benefit after pregnancy by restoring lost volume and treating a deflated breast appearance.
- Breast Lift: Sagging breasts occur naturally, but the process can be hastened by the rapid expansion and shrinking of the breasts. A breast lift removes excess skin and lifts the nipple back into the proper position. This provides a perkier breast appearance and restores more youthful contours.
- Breast Reduction: Occasionally, once a woman stops breastfeeding, the breasts do not recede to their original size and position. This usually has to do with extra skin and tissue that is lower quality or simply thin and overstretched. A breast reduction can help bring the breasts back into proportion with the body. It may also alleviate back, shoulder, or neck pain.
- Combining Breast Surgeries: Combining breast surgeries happens frequently. For example, breast augmentations and breast lifts usually complement each other. During a mommy makeover, Dr. B will perform at least one breast surgery to help enhance the breasts.
A mommy makeover also includes addressing the abdomen. Some of the possible abdomen surgeries include:
- Tummy Tuck: A tummy tuck addresses loose, extra skin along the lower abdomen. It also corrects diastasis recti which is extremely common after pregnancy. This stitches the two rows of abdominal muscles back together for a stronger core and flatter stomach. Tummy tuck surgery makes the biggest difference for women because it can address both cosmetic and medical issues postpartum. Abdominoplasty surgery comes in all shapes and sizes including a mini tummy tuck, full tummy tuck, and extended tummy tuck.
- Liposuction: Removing small amounts of fat, liposuction can help sculpt the body and improve the results of other procedures like a tummy tuck. Liposuction can also treat nearly any part of the body that holds extra fat. Depending on the patient’s specific procedure, Dr. B may use the fat to transfer elsewhere. Most of Dr. B’s tummy tucks also involve liposuction.
To be a mommy makeover, the procedure only has to address the breasts and abdomen. However, depending on the patient, Dr. B can perform other procedures on other areas of the body. Some procedures frequently combined with a mommy makeover include:
- Brazilian Butt Lift: Dr. Blyer is one of the best known BBL surgeons in the country. He is one of the only cosmetic surgeons to use ultrasound imaging to ensure the safe and proper placement of the fat. Many patients travel for a Brazilian butt lift with Dr. B. He specializes in adding BBL surgery to a mommy makeover to fully enhance the figure in one procedure. Dr. B takes fat harvested through liposuction, purifies it, and uses it to enlarge and shape the buttocks.
- Thigh Lift: Extra skin commonly accumulates on the thighs, though this is not always due to pregnancy. Still, if liposuction will not adequately address the thighs, Dr. B may recommend a thigh lift surgery which removes extra skin from the thigh for a smoother and slimmer contour.
- Arm Lift: Weight gain and loss that can happen with pregnancy can cause the arms to take on what is referred to as a “bat wing” appearance. This can also happen with age. An arm lift removes this extra skin and restores an attractive arm contour.
- Labiaplasty: Perhaps no part of the body is as affected by pregnancy and childbirth as the labia. After having children, the look and shape of the labia can change and may even sag. In severe cases, this can prevent women from wearing bathing suits or certain clothing. A quick, simple procedure can help remove the extra skin.
Wonder Which Mommy Makeover Option Works The Best For You?
There is no one right time to get a mommy makeover. Adult women of all ages undergo mommy makeover surgery. One caveat is that it is best if the woman is not planning to have any more children. Future pregnancies can reverse or complicate results.
Yes, as long as a woman is generally healthy, qualifies for the procedure, and has a BMI in the range of 32, they can get surgery. Dr. B will evaluate the patient otherwise and may take on other patients on a case-by-case basis. Cameo Surgery Center does also offer a weight loss program to help patients get within a safe surgical range.
The answer to this question depends on the specific patient and the procedures. The average mommy makeover will combine between two and four surgeries. Though, for some patients, it may be possible to combine up to six. At a consultation, the patient and Dr. Blyer will discuss the ideal combination.
The cost of a mommy makeover on Long Island depends on the specific combination of procedures. Visit our price list to see some of the most common mommy makeover combinations and their costs.
The Best Mommy Makeover Injections Long Island & NYC
Dr. Scott Blyer is a leading cosmetic surgeon in the New York City area. He specializes in combination procedures such as mommy makeovers. Dr. B is also one of the top BBL surgeons in the country. He sits on the American Board of Cosmetic Surgery’s BBL Safety Board and is also a trustee for the organization. Cameo Surgery Center offers the best mommy makeover Long Island and NYC provides.
To learn more and schedule a consultation with DrBFixin, call us at 631-232-2636. Patients can also reach out online via chat and contact form.