- Barbie Ken Makeover
- Tummy Tuck
- Body Lift
- Mommy Makeover
- Brazilian Butt Lift
- Aveli Cellulite Treatment
- Arm Lift
- Neck Lift
- Massive Weight Loss
- Six Pack Etching
- Non-Surgical / Medspa
Breast Augmentation With Tummy Tuck
with DrBfixin in Long Island, NY
The breasts and abdomen are common concerns for plastic surgery patients. Breast and abdominal surgery make up hundreds of thousands of procedures every year. There is a misconception that patients who want both a breast procedure and a tummy procedure will have to undergo two separate procedures. While this may be true in certain cases, for the majority of patients, it is not. Patients can combine breast surgeries and abdominal surgeries. This combination is sometimes referred to as a mommy makeover. Dr. Scott Blyer at Cameo Surgery Center provides the best breast augmentation with tummy tuck Long Island and NYC offers.
Why Combine A Breast Augmentation With Tummy Tuck?
Women often seek breast augmentation and abdominoplasty surgeries after having children. Pregnancy causes changes to the breasts and abdomen more than any other part of the body. The breasts may lose volume or begin to sag. The abdomen can develop extra skin, stretch marks, and diastasis recti which causes the characteristic pooch appearance of the stomach. Unfortunately, no matter how good a patient’s diet and exercise routine are, it cannot correct stretched muscles and extra skin.
Surgical correction becomes the only way to effectively address these concerns. A patient may also see medical benefits from the tummy tuck. This is because diastasis recti and extra skin can contribute to ventral hernias, stress urinary incontinence, and back pain. This can make it easier to live an active life and keep up with their children.
Undergoing two surgeries at once does add surgical time. However, it also reduces recovery time and limits the number of times a patient needs to undergo general anesthesia. Patients will also get to enjoy their body contouring results sooner. Other benefits include:
- Add lost volume to the breasts
- Remove excess skin on the abdomen
- Correct diastasis recti for a tighter core
- Several ways to customize the surgery
- More cost effective
- Results of each procedure complement one another
- See the final results sooner
- Address multiple or all of the patient’s concerns at once
- Hidden incisions
- Complete body transformation
- Achieve an hourglass figure
Is It Safe?
Yes, combining abdominoplasty and breast augmentation is perfectly safe when performed on the right candidate by the right surgeon. Some patients are not suitable for a combined surgery like this due to underlying medical conditions or other factors. Otherwise, the risks are around the same as undergoing each procedure individually.
Candidates for a breast augmentation with tummy tuck are in generally good health and adequately treating any medical conditions. As long as a patient is over eighteen and otherwise qualifies for the procedure, age is not a major factor. Patients will also need to meet the anatomical requirements that show they will benefit from the procedure. Most healthy women with extra skin on their abdomen and breasts they want to enhance are good candidates.
At the consultation appointment, Dr. B will review the patient’s medical history, medications, and anatomy. He will then determine if they are a good candidate for the procedure.
Breast Augmentation With Tummy Tuck Surgery
The exact surgical techniques performed during a breast augmentation and tummy tuck will vary based on the patient’s needs and preferences. However, once the patient is placed under general anesthesia, Dr. B will start with breast augmentation. He will first create the pocket—either above or below the muscle—where the implant will sit. Dr. B will then place the breast implants into the created pockets and ensure optimal placement before moving onto the abdomen.
The tummy tuck will take the longest during the surgery. It also may or may not include liposuction. Regardless, Dr. B will make the incision just below the natural panty line. The length of the incision will vary. He will then remove skin, tighten the abdominal muscles, and reposition or recreate the belly button as necessary. The combined tummy tuck and breast augmentation surgery generally takes between three and six hours.
The recovery following a breast augmentation with tummy tuck is potentially more intense than a single procedure. However, compared to undergoing the procedures separately, patients save about two weeks on recovery time. Dr. B will provide instructions for patients based on their procedure. Some common aftercare instructions include:
- Avoid putting stress on your incisions
- Wear compression garments and surgical bra
- Do not lay flat to sleep; sleep at roughly 45 degree angle
- Elevate your head when sleeping/resting
- Attend post-operative appointments
- Do not smoke or drink
- Get up and walk every few hours
- Do not try to jump back into activities too quickly
- Stay hydrated and eat well
- Take medications as prescribed and/or needed
- Do not drive until off prescription pain medication
Wonder Which Breast Augmentation With Tummy Tuck Options Works The Best For You?
Breast implants can help create the illusion of a smaller waist. Sometimes patients who have only undergone breast augmentation will receive comments that it looks like they lost weight. With the added tummy surgery, this can actually make the waist smaller. The diastasis recti, skin tightening, and possible liposuction help bring the waist in for a perfectly tapered appearance. The implants only accentuate this more.
Yes, Dr. B can still place the breast implants through the armpit. All of the common breast augmentation incision locations are available with a combined breast augmentation and tummy tuck surgery.
There are several types of tummy tucks, any of which Dr. B may perform during the procedure. Some of the most common tummy tucks include:
- Mini Tummy Tuck: Designed to treat extra skin below the belly button, this procedure does not require altering the belly button. It also does not usually correct diastasis recti unless only present in the lowest abdominal muscles.
- Full Tummy Tuck: The standard and most commonly performed tummy tuck, the full tummy tuck involves treating up to the waist area. It usually includes correction of muscle separation and moving or recreating the belly button.
- Extended Tummy Tuck: Similar to a full abdominoplasty, an extended tummy tuck involves an incision that curves around each hip. It may help correct the hips, flanks, and parts of the lower back. The incision will not meet because that procedure is known as a lower body lift.
- Fleur-de-Lis Tummy Tuck: Among the most extensive abdominoplasty, this version of a tummy tuck involves the traditional horizontal incision along with a vertical incision. Occasionally, there may be two additional horizontal incisions under the breasts. This tummy tuck is most commonly used to remove massive amounts of skin after massive weight loss.
- Ultimate Tummy Tuck: Dr. B’s own version of the tummy tuck involves a standard tummy tuck with liposuction plus waist snatching. During the muscle plication portion of the surgery, Dr. B also places sutures on the sides of the abdominal muscles. This helps bring the waist in. He will also use liposuction to remove fat from the waist and abdomen for perfected body contours.
Breast augmentation with tummy tuck is $18, 495. With an Ultimate Tummy Tuck, the cost of the combination is $24,995. Financing through Care Credit is available.
The Best Combined Breast Augmentation With Tummy Tuck In Long Island
Dr. Scott Blyer—better known as Dr. B Fixin—is a Long Island plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery, body contouring, BBLs, and mommy makeover surgery. Cameo Surgery Center is a luxury practice. It personalizes every aspect of surgery to suit the patient, their body, and their desired outcomes. Dr. B offers the best breast augmentation with tummy tuck Long Island & NYC provides.
Dr. B and the Cameo Surgery Center team value honesty and integrity. We will be real with you and will not simply “sell” you surgery. Our goal is to make a positive difference in someone’s life. To learn more and schedule a consultation, call us at 631-232-2636. You can also reach out online via contact form, chat, or Price Simulator.